The Women of South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
Friday 9 September 2022
7.30 – 9.45 pm
The Women of South Brisbane Cemetery night tour is a special experience because you will explore a large, beautiful and historical cemetery under the stars and trees with the people who know it best, and discover some Real History. You will visit select graves to hear the stories of women who were laid to rest in the cemetery, and learn how their lives and deaths (be they tragic or inspirational) reflect the history of women in Queensland. Everything you hear will be factual and sourced from historical records.
- Single bookings: $20/$15 conc.
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person.
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Women of South Brisbane Cemetery night tour is suitable for ages 12 years and up. Contains adult themes including murder and abortion.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the big hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends (minimum 10 people). We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.
The Women of South Brisbane Cemetery tour is a part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.