Murder and Mayhem: South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
The Murder and Mayhem cemetery tour is a special experience because you will explore a large, beautiful and historical cemetery under the stars with the people who know it best, and discover some Real History on the original South Brisbane Cemetery ‘crime tour’. You will visit the graves of people involved in some extremely unfortunate and amazing events and hear tragically true tales of murder, disaster, suicide and hangings. Everything you hear will be factual and sourced from historical records.
This is a great way to safely see the cemetery at night. Your friendly guides are award-winning cemeterians Tracey Olivieri and Chris Dawson, who will be more than happy to chat with you and answer your questions during the tour.
- Single bookings: $20/$15 concession
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Murder and Mayhem cemetery tour is suitable for ages 12 years and up. Contains themes of murder, suicide and capital punishment.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the big hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council.
Please contact email@example.com with your queries.
The Murder and Mayhem cemetery tour is part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.