Gruesome Graveyards: South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
7.15 – 9.45 pm
Explore one of Queensland’s grandest and most beautiful Victorian-era cemeteries under the stars with the people who know it best.
The Gruesome Graveyards cemetery tour is a special night-time experience. You will discover some remarkable Real History of murder, grave robbing, executions, suicide, the Bubonic Plague in Brisbane, and even couple of ghost stories.
This is a great way to safely see the cemetery at night. Your friendly guides are award-winning cemetery historians Tracey Olivieri and Chris Dawson, who will be more than happy to chat with you and answer your questions during the tour.
Gruesome Graveyards is part of the Queensland Cemetery History Tours range – Brisbane’s best and most affordable cemetery night tours.
All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Single bookings: $20/$15 conc.
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person.
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2¼ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Gruesome Graveyards night tour is suitable for ages 12 years and up. It contains adult themes.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the big hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.
The Gruesome Graveyards night tour is part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.