Gruesome Graveyards: South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
Friday 13 May 2022
7.30 – 9.45 pm
The Gruesome Graveyards night tour is a special experience because you will explore a large, beautiful and historical cemetery under the stars and the trees with the people who know it best, and discover some Real History. You will hear macabre tales of murder, grave robbing, executions, suicide, the Plague, and even couple of ghost stories. All our stories might be true and historically accurate (except maybe the ghosts), but they are stranger than fiction.
This is a great way to safely see the cemetery at night. Your friendly guides are award-winning cemetery historians Tracey Olivieri and Chris Dawson, who will be more than happy to chat with you and answer your questions during the tour.
- Single bookings: $20/$15 conc.
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person.
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2¼ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Gruesome Graveyards night tour is suitable for ages 12 years and up. It contains adult themes.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the big hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council.
Please contact email@example.com with your queries.
The Gruesome Graveyards night tour is part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.