Next tour available for bookings:
Public events to be announced.
We take private group bookings for school groups and youth organisations.
Headstone Symbol and Scavenger Hunts are cemetery-based educational activities. Primary-school aged children will discover what cemeteries are all about, what happened here, and that they are places of love and nothing to be afraid of. The aim is that the children will develop an appreciation of these special spaces and why we need to look after them.
The children will also receive free bookmarks, colouring sheets, symbol-hunt sheets, participation certificates, and a children’s cemetery history book will be awarded for work done.
Symbol and Scavenger Hunts are run for the public on occasional weekends, and can be organised anytime for schools and other groups such as cub scouts. These activities will be led by our friendly guides.
- This is a functional cemetery, so no fancy dress allowed, sorry.
- Duration of the activity is one hour.
- Please contact us on email@example.com to arrange tours for private groups. Cost is $5 per head, adult guardians free. All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Walking difficulty is medium as it could involve walking up slopes. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
- ‘Easy Access‘ tours can be arranged for groups with mobility issues.
Part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.