Ghost Stories of South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
Sunday 30 October 2022
9.00 – 11.00 pm
The Ghost Stories cemetery tour is a special experience because you will explore a beautiful heritage-listed cemetery under the stars and the trees with the people who know it best, and discover some Real History. We talk about the folklore (and, in some cases, the fakelore) of ghost stories, highlighting some examples from the cemetery, and place the stories in cultural and historical context. This is the only ‘ghost’ tour with 100% ghost stories!
This is a great way to safely see the cemetery at night. Your friendly guides are cemetery historian Tracey Olivieri, paranormal historian Liam Baker, and (sceptical) professional historian Chris Dawson, and they will be more than happy to chat with you and answer your questions during the tour.
(Note: This is NOT a theatrical ‘ghost tour’.)
- Single bookings: $20/$15 conc.
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person.
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Ghost Stories cemetery tour is suitable for ages 12 years and up. It contains supernatural themes.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council. All profits go towards our cemetery heritage projects and FOSBC community activities.
Please contact email@example.com with your queries.
The Ghost Stories cemetery tour is part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.