Why Tour With Us?
- Our tours feature only REAL History – everything you hear will be factual and sourced from historical records. We have an ethical commitment to providing only reliable information to the public.
- You can ask questions and chat with the guides about cemetery history during the tour. Our guides are historians – not actors – and after years of experience they know their subjects inside and out.
- Our staff are volunteers and genuinely love the South Brisbane Cemetery. They spend more time in there than anyone else, cleaning, researching, and assisting the public. This love shines through in the tours.
- The tours are very affordable – only $15/$10 concession, with special group discounts.
- All our tours are not-for-profit and all revenue goes to cemetery history and maintenance projects – so you’re helping a good cause as well as having a good time! These projects include our Guardian Angels programme, our Research and Mapping Database, and history publications. Revenue also covers the significant overheads of running our community group.