The Many Sides of Mt Gravatt Cemetery
Our next ‘The Many Sides of Mt Gravatt Cemetery’ tour:
A special tour of the historical and amazingly diverse Mt Gravatt Cemetery, looking at the history and cultures behind the graves. We will visit the graves of early residents, explore some of the different religious/ethnic sections, and view some of the wonderful monuments to be found within there.
Your friendly guides are cemetery historians Tracey Olivieri and Chris Dawson.
- The tour will take about 1.5 hours and is suitable for ages 12 years and up.
- Entry cost is gold coin and up donation. This is a not-for-profit tour and the revenue helps to fund our award-winning cemetery maintenance and history projects, so all donations are gratefully accepted.
- The tour begins at the main car park behind the offices and crematorium in the centre of the cemetery.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled starting time so we can all begin on time.
- Parking is available inside the cemetery.
- Please wear a hat and enclosed shoes, and also insect repellent if desired.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up slopes in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $150 for up to 15 people (extra people $10 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.). All profits go towards our cemetery heritage projects and FOSBC community activities.
Please contact email@example.com with your queries.
This is a not-for-profit ‘Real History’ event that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.