Folklore, Myth & Magick: South Brisbane Cemetery
Next tour available for bookings
Friday 24 June 2022
7.30 – 9.45 pm
The Folklore, Myth and Magick cemetery tour is a special experience because you will explore a large, beautiful heritage-listed cemetery under the stars and the trees with the people who know it best. You will discover some Real History of the folklore of death and cemeteries. On this tour we look at festivals, superstitions and magick from around the world, from Ancient Egypt to Ireland to Mexico, and myths of birds, flowers, spells, and even the bizarre superstitions of hanging.
This is a great way to safely see the cemetery at night. Your friendly guides are award-winning cemetery historians Tracey Olivieri and Chris Dawson, who will be more than happy to chat with you and answer your questions during the tour.
- Single bookings: $20/$15 concession
- FOSBC members: $10
- Group bookings (four or more people): $15 per person
- Tour gift vouchers make a great gift and can be purchased here.
All our tours are not-for-profit and the money raised goes to our cemetery history and maintenance projects.
- Duration of the tour is 2 – 2½ hours (tour times can vary depending on levels of customer interaction during the tour).
- The Folklore, Myth and Magick cemetery tour is suitable for ages 10 years and up. It contains mild supernatural themes.
- Groups are limited to about 15 people per tour. This is a comfortable size allowing you easier movement, hearing, viewing, and opportunities to chat with the guides or ask questions.
- Walking difficulty is medium. Please be aware that this tour does involve walking (slowly) up the hill in the cemetery. Please advise us of any relevant medical concerns prior to attending the tour.
Private and Easy Access Tours
We can organise a Private Tour just for your own group of friends. We also run Easy Access tours for groups with mobility issues. You can select any available tour type you want. Minimum cost is $225 for up to 15 people (extra people $15 per person).
All our tours are not-for-profit and run by the Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (Inc.) in a community partnership with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society (Inc.), and are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council. All profits go towards our cemetery heritage projects and FOSBC community activities.
Please contact email@example.com with your queries.
The Folklore, Myth and Magick cemetery tour is part of our ‘Queensland Cemetery History Tours’ range. This is a not-for-profit Real History tour that respects historical accuracy and cemetery values.