Tour Attendance Information
(To book tours – see here)
Where to meet
Inside the main cemetery gates, Frederick Street. Please try and arrive at least 15 minutes before the specified start time for the tour so we can start on time.
Parking is available inside the cemetery. Please drive in through the main gates and our staff will assist you from there. Public transport is also available, please check the Translink website for current bus timetable details.
Out of respect for local residents, we request that you do not park on local streets.
Tour walking difficulty
Medium. There are a few inclines but we will walk slowly. Our staff are trained in first aid and will be carrying first aid supplies. Please advise us of any relevant medical conditions beforehand so we can be fully prepared.
For safety and comfort reasons, all tour attendees are required to wear enclosed footwear.
Strictly no horror-themed costumes or fancy dress please. We aim to ensure that the spiritual and heritage values of the cemetery are respected.
Tour attendees are requested to bring a medium-brightness torch for the tour (powerful torches spoil the atmosphere of the cemetery at night). We can provide a small number of torches for a $2 hire fee. These torches are to be returned to staff at the end of the tour.
We are happy for people to take photographs but no audio or video recordings are allowed during the tour, thanks.
The cemetery can be a dangerous place in wet or windy weather. We reserve the right to cancel tours in the case of dangerous weather conditions. We will try to contact all customers before 6 pm on the day of the tour if a tour has to be cancelled.
Attendees booked on cancelled tours can reschedule for another available night. Alternatively, attendees are entitled to a refund, minus a $2 admin fee per person.
- Attendees are required to stay with the tour group at all times.
- Attendees are required to follow all safety instructions from staff during the tour.
- Our tours are strictly alcohol-free events. Intoxicated persons will be refused admission to tours.
- All children aged up to 16 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult guardian.
- No children allowed under the stipulated age limit for that tour, and strictly no babies or toddlers.
- No audio or video recording of tour content is allowed. Photography is permitted.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or injuries or sustained by participants due to non-adherence to the above regulations.